Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Walker Reunion

The pic on the top is of my Grandma & Grandpa Walker & first off, Aren't they one goodlooking couple ?!?! Well I think so & neither one of them are with us anymore & we haven't had a Walker Reunion since my Grandpa passed away & that was the summer of '04. So my mom & dad decided it was time to reunite and so we did this last weekend in Saint George. It was great to see cousins and aunts and uncles that we hadn't seen in a while. We went to the Rec center in St. George where we swam, Bar-B-Que'd and battled in Sand Volleyball. And I have to say my team rock!! The rec center also had a lap pool, so after watching lots of Gold Medals won by Michael Phelps I thought it would be easy to swim the lap pool & let me tell you it is not as easy as he makes it look! I think it took me 5 minutes to swim one way :) Well, at least it helped me gain an even greater respect for him! Well, it was a great time and hopefully next year even more of the family will be able to make it.


What was also neat was that my Aunt Leanna made this awesome display of where our "family tree" began. It started with my Great Great Great Grandparents. Anyways it was really neat!!





Here are some pics of of some of the fam hanging out at the reunion, We had a great time & Thanks Mom & Dad for organizing it!!!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE family reunions!! sounds like you had a lot of fun, and yes you're grandparents made one cute couple!!

don't worry about not having any halloween decorations. you'll definitely get your fill at our house!! expect an invitation in a little over a month : )

Josh and Amber said...

Love your post! The family reunion was a lot of fun. I was gonna post on the family reunion, but since paige's b-day post was so long, I decided to wait. But I'm glad you got a post up! I look funny in the picture, but it just shows how windy it got, "right" when we were eating! But I'm super happy the weather was perfect for the volleyball game, and I agree our team did ROCK!! It was so fun seeing everyone!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Its been a while since I said hello!! Looks like you had fun at your reunion! I love reunions! Hey, we went private since I blog- hopped last, so send me an e-mail and I will get you an invite! mdbelnap1215@yahoo.com Love your cute scrap pages by the way!!

Candice said...

I love your post, and I think that you are pretty great too. I have to say that your cute husband is super photogenic. You both are so durned cute!

Cassie Mickelsen said...

So I haven't gone blog hopping for a while so I was bummed that I missed your memory post. But I figured it's never too late! Where do I start? So many funny memories of you.....I think one of my favorites has always been when we would pretend that we were glued together. We would twist our arms and legs in and out of each other's and try to walk around that way. Then when my mom said it was time to go home you would say, "Connie she can't leave we are glued together!" We really had some great times!

Bonnie and Steve said...

Cute pictures. and yes we had oddles of fun. Let's hope more can make it next year.