Labor Day we started the day playing some Tennis w/ my little Bro Tyson. He's found a new passion outside of golf....Tennis & since he was visiting all the way from SLC while my parents were in town we decided to test out his skills... well Mike & Ty put each other up to the test & since I was there they let me play too, but I was surely no competition (I'm sure you can tell by the way I hold the rack)

Then it was off to American Fork Canyon so we could tour the Timpanogos Caves...No Wait about a drive around the Alpine Loop
or better yet a hike at Cascade Springs. Ewe a scenic ride up the ski lift at Sundance, no I'm hungry how about we stop for a picnic in Provo Canyon.... So that would be our adventure that afternoon. My parents volunteered at a PGA Golf Tournament that was being hosted in SLC so while they were away Mike & I headed up American Fork Canyon so we could tour the Timpanogos Caves. I packed a lunch & headed up to tour the Famous Timpanogos Caves (maybe there not famous but I've heard there cool). Well I knew it was going to busy but I didn't expect EVERY tour to be sold out so with a quick changes of plans we decided to just driver the scenic drive of the Alpine Loop & fine a nice picnic area to have
our lunch. Well on the way we kept seeing signs about this "Cascade Springs" so we decided follow up & boy did we drive a wee bit longer than expected but we found them & a nice little hike to the top of the Springs. It was really pretty up there & a nice pitstop. So we headed back to the Alpine Loop which found its way to Sundance & in the summer they do scenic rides on the chair lift so we stopped...but WAIT TEN DOLLARS PER PERSON...ummm we were enjohying our free afternoon (the entrance at the canyon let us go through for Free) & decided our tummies were hungry and it was time to eat. So we ended our drive in Provo Canyon and had a nice very much needed picnic :) Overall it was a really nice afternoon & even though our plans didn't work out we had a GREAT time w/ just the two of us.
Then on Wednesday to say goodbye to my parents we went Golfing & after a rough start I think I showed my parents that I really am a Tanner & I may have gained another invitation to go golfing again with them (I kindof invited myself to this one but hey why does Mike always get invited?? I am THEIR daughter)
And the Winner Is.......
The Turtle

The Lobster
The Octopus
Last weekend we had a Traditional (well what we want to make a Tradition) weekend in Bear Lake at Mike's grandparent's cabin. It is the end of the season & since we don't have a boat we just hang out on the shore but This Year held our VERY FIRST Sand Building Contest!!!! It was alot of fun seeing everyone's creative juices flow out & although it was a 3 Way Tie (no suprise we all voted for our very own) we had a lot of fun!! Here are a few more pics of the fun...
The pic of the Barbie is a new Family Member that I think Dave Adopted...haha!! He found this barbie on shore & was quick to befriend her & make sure she had some fun too so I had to make sure to include a pic of her for him :)!!
But I have to say my FAVORITE moment was this.....

Mmmm....Mike's mom & dad made us a Breakfast Feast on Sunday with Cinnamon Rolls and all :) I forget how much I love a Great Big Breakfast w/ all the Yummies!!! But besides that we enjoyed some great mind blowing moves on Sequence, remembering our favorite moments from the movie "The Goonies" & of course some much needed pure relaxation. Thanks for the Great weekend!!
9 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! Does post mean they got your internet back up and running! :)I love the new look!
Fun!! I didn't know you guys went and played Tennis, that looked like fun! I know mom had a fun time on that trip! Love your sand octopus, I personally think it was the best! And man those cinnomin rolls look AMAZING!! I want one right now!
I liked the Octopus the most. Also, I need to invite Tyson to dinner and hear of his U of U exploits. And lastly, I just love your Mom. I was full of love when I saw the picture.
How fun! I agree the octopus was my favorite too. And tennis i love that game! Me and Tammy and even Steven sometimes use to go play all the time when i was mmm 14, 15. I miss playing tennis!
Am I the only one who's going to say that Mike has an extreme farmers' tan?! I have to poke fun. It took all summer for Jon's to fade! I too, like the octopus.
Thanks for letting us stay the weekend and yes you will be invited to play golf with us again. I had a really good time playing with you. I vote for the octopus too. And thanks Candace.
Hello! You forgot to mention the part about the amazing friend that watched your baby! for a whole day! ha ha ah jk. Thanks for lunch it was YUMMY!!!!!
You guys are quite the sand artists!! LOVE it!!
Just so you know your octopus was the best. You two are pretty talented! And Traci you are a good golfer! I remember getting free pizza because of YOU! And I'm totally look like you playing tennis. US Open here we come!
Post a Comment