Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Holly Jolly Christmas

This year we had a Holly Jolly Christmas!! Really :) We had Christmas with Mike's family this year & his mom wanted to switch things up so she planned a Holly Jolly Christmas Dinner & then we played our own version of the Amazing Race afterwards. It was alot of fun! For the dinner we had a menu & each spouse had to select their Spouse's meal. Of course there was a catch. The items to choose from were "Glacier Ice", "Elf's Tree's", "Mrs Claus's Yarn", etc. Of course Mike tried to figure out what everything was so I had a somewhat "normal" meal. Me, well I'm not that patient so I just chose whatever & it was quite funny to see what we ended up getting. Of course Mike did pretty good and guessing what things really were & each course I recieved was "mostly" normal. Well, sorry honey I wasn't as thoughtful because he got some interesting mixtures. I can't remember what they all were but the meal really was suppose to be Salad, Spaghetti and meatballs w/ a roll, brocolli & ice cream w/ caramel & chocolate cookies. But I don't think any of us got what we were suppose to in the right order. It was also funny because you had to choose the utensils as well & if you didn't select them until the 3rd course then the 1st & second course you were left w/ eating w/ just your hands & that is what happened to Dave (Angie's husband) It was pretty funny watching him eat spaghetti, salad & ice cream with just his fingers!! We also played the Amazing race afterwards where we had to use our minds fast & put together a Christmas puzzle, then our coordination and throw Christmas Bulbs into moving Mickey Mouse butterfly catchers, then we solved a Christmas word scramble & shared our beautiful voices as we shoulted out Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. Sadly Mike & I lost because we read the instructions too fast & we ended it all wrong :( Thanks Connie for such a fun time & a great memory!!


Of course there is Always presents on Christmas :) Although this year was a more "simple" Christmas we definately still got spoiled (mostly thanks to the Day after Thanksgiving sales). Mike's mom also got us Christmas PJ's since growing up my family I had the tradition of opening up one present on Christmas Eve which surprisingly (not really) was always PJ's - Mike's mom is good to help me carry on that tradition when I am away from my family!! Our PJ's were definately fun w/ mine having snowboarding bunnys on them & Mike's had Moose all over this pants, Hence the pic w/ him wearing the antlers in his PJ's (It was probably a had to of been there moment)

I hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas!!!! Now its time to Embrace the New Year!

6 comments:

squiresclan said...

What an awesome christmas! And dang your mom in law is creative looks like lots of fun and laughs :) Missed you though! I told mom as soon as Kenna knows the well you know about christmas it'd be a good time to try and spend a christmas in St. George so we're not trying to figure out how to 'pack santas sleigh" :)

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

It sounds like your families know how to have a good time! You're lucky to have wonderful family on both sides! Can we come next year? ;] Your pics are super cute. I saw some camp pics the other day of way-back-when and I missed our ward fun.

Lacy said...

Very creative! I'm glad the holidays treated you well!

Cory and Karen said...

Fun! I really like the dinner idea. I bet it was really funny! Hope you had a great New Years as well!

Bonnie and Steve said...

It sounds like you really had alot of fun. We missed you tho'. I like your PJ's. See you next year. Maybe Connie won't mind if we steal some of her fun ideas.

Tiff said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun. Can you get me a list of what she did for the dinner?!? I would love to try out something like that, but I am not creative enough to do it on my own. I am so glad you had such a great Christmas!