Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Paige Is Turning One!

My little sister's baby girl, Paige, turns One year old tomorrow!! The whole fam was together last weekend so we celebrated it then & my sis did a Great job w/ her Party!! Paige is already obsessed w/ Dora the Explorer so she did the whole party around Dora the Explorer. She put together a map for the kids to follow just like on the TV show & the kids had a great time. You can go to her blog for a complete play by play of the whole event (she's linked on my page under Amber & Josh Hammand). Here is a pic of Mike & I possing as Dora & her sidekick Boots (Amber drew these). It was really funny to see everyone possing behind them, young & old.

It is also a tradition in our family, like most, to strip the kid down to their diaper and let them dig into their first cake. Well, Amber found directions for a Dora cake on Nick Jr. & somehow with Amber getting the party all together, I ended up taking over on the cake & I have to say I am really proud of myself!! I have never done a decorative cake before but it was alot of fun!! Below is a little step by step outline of how it went :)


Paige your Aunt Traci & Uncle Mike LOVE you VERY much and we hope you enjoyed your First Birthday!! Happy Birthday!!!

9 comments:

Candice said...

You are the world's nicest sister to make a Dora cake...at least finish it. You rock. I have to admit my favorite part is the "I am Tracy with the body of Dora" photo ops. Amber is a an awesome Mom for throwing the 1st year extravabirthday. She is blessed to have such a good sister to lend a hand.

Tiff said...

Kids grow up so fast. What a fun party! You did a great job on the cake. I know how to call when Aspen turns 1 :) Haha.

Josh and Amber said...

I love the post! And Paige loves her Aunt Traci and Uncle Mike very very much too! I'm so lucky to have you as a sister! Thanks for ALL your help for the party! I know I put you up to a lot, but you did an AWESOME job!! It was a great party and I hope Paige will grow up and see the video and pictures and apprechiate what we did for her!! I'll help you out when it's your turn!

Ariana said...

Wow, impressive! Last year for my little boy we did a Harry Potter cake and I wasn't brave enough to take on Harry Potter, so we did a snake cake:)

Bonnie and Steve said...

We had such a fun weekend and the party was great. You are a wonderful aunt and you did a fantastic job on the cake.

~Cmac~ said...

Holy Crap! That cake is amazing! What are all the other hidden talents of the incredible Traci?
I know we keep saying this, but I really want to do a girl's night with you and Becca soon. I honestly miss you guys! :) My phone number is 801-472-2930. Let's set it up!

squiresclan said...

My kids still want you to decorate cakes for their birthdays next year :) It was a great weekend and even though it was only a couple weeks ago i miss ya all bunches already!!

Jon + Kat said...

so if I ever throw a birthday party for my kids, you and amber are totally in charge! Hey cous! I'm so overly jealous that I missed the Walker reunion, but am happy to learn you all are bloggers also! crap-sevy is crying and it is midnight-keep in touch girl! super cute blog and super cute hair!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

So you are hired to do my kids cakes for now on! Amber is such a good mom. And you and make one cute Dora and Boots. Love it!