Sunday, September 14, 2008

Am I a Golfer???

So for those of you that know my family know that I am apart of what you would call a "Golfing Family". Well, I think it made my parents sad to find that I, myself, wasn't so much of a golfer. I mean I did the lessons, joined Jr. Golf (where I only found guys to flirt with), played in a few tournaments and for the most part played the part as a golfer. Although, I lacked a very crucial element...The Love of the Game. Well, my parents soon learned that I was hopeless and let me do things that I had more of a passion for. Well, come to find out I would meet & fall madly in love with a golfer so the game continues to haunt me. Mike has helped try to develop my skill and even got me a way cute golf bag but still the Passion never came to find me.
Well, my work hosted a golf tournament where you could either get a team together and play or you could stay at work and work. Well my cute friend Becca & I decided that it would be silly for us not to play and to work. So we got the one & only girl's teams together & set out to show all those boys that we could do it too. Well needless to say we got last place, but I think I had the funnest time I ever had golfing & to tell you the truth I was really wacking that ball & found myself enjoying myself & the game of golf. Then & there Becca and I decided that we wanted to become golfers :) So the next weekend we brought our husbands out with us as well to prove to them that we could do it. I believe that they were somewhat impressed & enjoyed watching us try to show that we could do it too.

So Mom & Dad...maybe all your efforts didn't go completely down the drain! Your daughter may actually enjoy the game that she fought against for much of her life!!! Now my next challenge is convincing Mike that I need real cute girl clubs (and they actually will help me play better) :)
Here are some pics of my golfing adventures...

8 comments:

Carrie said...

yeah, i've never understood the whole golf thing either. then again, i've only played miniature golf, so what do i know.

looks like you had fun!! i love the new header. what a cute picture of you two!!

Nancy said...

Good for you! I am a on and off golfer. I am by no means a pro. Looks like you guys had fun. I love the new picture of you guys. It is pretty cute.

Candice said...

Okay, I love your new picture. Was that recent, or from a previous photo shoot?

I understand not taking to some talents that your parents have that you did not quite embrace.

I am not that good sewing and interior decorating (like my Mom)

and at building potato storage (like my Dad:)

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

It looks like you guys had a blast...I can see you now laughing like crazy. I want Garren to teach me how to golf someday. Good luck with getting some clubs, you know Christmas is coming...

squiresclan said...

Traci i mean this in all seriousness. STEP AWAY FROM THE GOLF CLUBS!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it don't join the dark side hahaha

Man now am i not only gonna be the only tanner left in idaho now i'll be the only non golfer too *sigh* Oh well don't have the desire to fit in enough to ever pick up a golf club, nope aint gonna do it haha

Josh and Amber said...

Jenny, you make me laugh. Maybe one of these day's you'll convert! haha!

Traci, I'm so excited your getting into golf. We really need to all go golfing together sometime soon. I want to get back into the game, I've kind of lost the skill I used to have. And if you keep going and I don't, you'll probably start beating me, who knows maybe you already will!! haha! Guess we'll never know till we play together.

I love all the pics and am so proud of you girls!!

lanabobana said...

I stink at golf, but it's still a ton of fun. Just give me a cart to drive and I'll be happy. My poor grandpa tried to give me golf lessons, it ended up after my 15 stroke, or so, he said why don't you just move the ball up to where mine is. hehe. Maybe that's not my sport.

Bonnie and Steve said...

I am so proud of you Traci. We'll have to go golfing again. It is alot of fun and good family time. (as long as you can take advice from Mike). I like your new look on your blog. I guess I'll have to get going on mine again.