Sunday, October 18, 2009

Timp Caves & Fun w/ Paige :)

Yesterday we decided to enjoy what may be the last nice weekend & give it another try and head to the Timp Caves for what I knew was going to be an uphill hike yet I had no idea how out of shape I really am :( The first quarter of a mile I was ok but then it got harder & harder & harder. I had a feeling this would happen so when I was still feeling "ok" I told Mike that when I started to complain that he had to remind me that this was MY idea & that I WANTED to do this, he quickly promised that he would and soon when he should have been reminding me of my need to go tour the caves he encouraged me to keep going & never complained when I had to stop & rest & after what felt like an eternity we made it!!! And it really was worth it. The caves were really cool & it felt nice to be walking slowly & enjoying the amazing formations that mother nature had made herself. Thanks Mike for taking me & enduring my complaining & heavy breathing as we climbed/crawled to the top!!! and if you live close by & have never gone to the caves I suggest going, but you may want to work out a little more than I did before going ;)




The weekend before we got to enjoy the weekend with the cutest little girl ever!!! Our adorable neice, Paige. My sis & her hubby came up for the weekend so they could attend Josh's grandma's 95th Birthday. They had a nice family get together for her birthday & luckily for Mike & I, little kids were not invited so we got to spend the day with Paige. She was so good as we ran some errands & drove all over town. Mike & I are so use to it just being the 2 of us that we would get involved in our conversations & forget that Paige was even there, then we would hear a giggle or a noise in the back seat & there was Paige entertaining herself without a care in the world. Does that make us bad babysitters?? We met my friend Brett Devine & his GF for lunch & they just loved Paige! I wish I had taken a pic of this but Mike got a Thin Mint Milk Shake & Paige quickly fell in love with it! After she had one taste she was hooked. She wouldn't eat a french fry unless it was dipped into the shake. Then she practically licked the cup clean when it was all gone (sorry Amber, but what are Aunties & Uncles for)... Then it was off to the Park. We knew that Paige loved ridiing the Swings & going down the slide but what I didn't expect was her fastination with walking up and down the "board walk". The playground had alot of paths made with boards and she would just walk up & down, up & down, with no concerns for doing anything else. I was surprised we got her to leave her new found toy w/out throwing too much of a fit...

Thanks Amber & Josh for visiting! Sorry we have no pics of you but we sure had fun with Paige :)




And last but not least....The Rainbow. This pic is a pic of a rainbow that was just outside our window. Look at how Bright it is!!! Mike and I were walking Mylo when we saw this Beautiful Double Rainbow!!! I didn't get a pic of the 2nd arch but this one was SOO bright that I was literally in Awe by it!! I don't think my camera caught the true brightness of it but isn't Nature Beautiful & Amazing as to what it can do!!



7 comments:

Candice said...

I lived in Provo for years and never went tot he Timp caves. You tempt me. You are also an awesome aunt.

Josh and Amber said...

The caves look awesome! I'm glad you made it! :) haha! And those pics are adorable, I LOVE the one with Paige in the swing! She looks like she had SO much fun with you and Mike! And forgetting Paige is in the back seat does not make you a bad babysitter, cause if it did then we're bad parents. Sometimes she's so good and quite back there it's hard not to forget she's back there, especially when your not used to having her with you! And I can sure believe she loved that ice cream, she loves any ice cream or cookie she can get her hands on!! Thanks SO much for being such great Aunts and Uncles and taking care of Paige for us. Shes lucky to have you two in her life!! (You guys are so good at watching her infact maybe you should take her for a whole week ;) )! haha jk!

BTW that rainbow pic really is awesome, you can tell it was really bright!

Unknown said...

Hey, Traci! I found your blog! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm sure I would have been worn out by the first 50 feet. I'm sad that it will be cold soon, but at least no snow down here. Looks like you guys are enjoying life!

{ Lana Cox } said...

Wow, long time no blog girl! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. And I agree with you, Paige is absolutely adorable. I love that hat she's wearing.

shilo said...

Ahhh, Timp Cave. I haven't been there forever. I almost forgot how beautiful it is. Great pics, by the way. The scenery makes the hike up there worth it...right?

Bonnie and Steve said...

I'm glad you finally got to go to the Timp caves. Maybe we can go with you sometime cause I've always wanted to go there. Cute pictures with Paige. She's sooo much fun.

The Oswalds said...

It's fun being an Aunt huh. I don't think I ruined any of you, and I was much worse than ignoring kids in the back seat! Teach her how to light off bottle rockets and light blue darts next time. Oh, wait---that's what Kevin taught you guys! :)