Sunday, January 17, 2010

Has it Really been 27 Years?????

This week was my birthday...well Tuesday to be exact. I really can't believe I am 27 years old. I know what you are all thinking, well you don't look 27 yrs old & I surely don't feel it but Holy Cow aren't 27 yr olds suppose to be really mature & know what their doing in life & have families & have experienced soo much?? Well I don't feel like I fit in many of these categories although I can say even though my life is not quite as what I would have imagined it would be at 27 I am definately glad its mine!!! Mike is always the best at making my birthday feel special and this year was no exception.

First he surprised me with a dozen pink roses at work. So just because I want to remember this day I will tell you what he did. At work we get our birthdays off but since Mike had school (yes Mike is in school - I will explain in another post) I decided to take Weds off so I could spend it with him. Anyways he called me around lunch time to see how my day was going & was actually getting ready to head out the door to go lunch with my coworkers for my birthday. Well I asked what he was doing and he said he was at the book store then when I came down the stairs to go outside, there he was! Looking super handsome of course & holding a dozen pink roses!! My heart went Pitter Patter & I ran to him (yes, I really remember running) and gave him a big hug!! He is soo sweet!!!! And I really wasn't expecting it. Anyways he got to enjoy lunch with me & back off to school he went.

Then that night he invited a bunch of our friends and we had a nice birthday celebration. Thanks to everyone who came!!! And thanks to everyone that texted, called & facebooked me on my birthday!! It always feels really good to be remembered on your Birthday :) (can't you just tell that I LOVE birthdays!!)

We planned on going snowboarding on Weds but somethings came up so we went on Saturday for my bday. Not the best pic but it was the only one we took :(

Then that night my good friends, Victoria & Eric, called and invited us to the Jazz game with them. It was really fun catching up and seeing them. They live in Idaho & Vic & I were good friends in High School & I always love the trips down Memory Lane!

So yes a GREAT birthday in deed!! And all thanks to my many friends, family & of course My Sweetheart!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Are you talking on the phone in that picture? I guess that's what birthdays are like.

squiresclan said...

hahaha i was gonna say the same thing, love the on the phone pic with mike :)

Natasha Ireland said...

Glad you had a happy birthday girl. Love u (so fun to see a pic of you Victoria...she's a sweetie pie too) what a sweet hubby you had, glad it was great :)

Cory and Karen said...

Happy Birthday! You have a very sweet husband! That is very cool you get your birthday off at work. Glad you had fun!

Brittany said...

yeah know vic wasn't the only friend that did something special for your birthday....I wonder who that was, and what they did???? hahah jk. Sounds like you had a good b-day. :D

Josh and Amber said...

I'm glad you found your self such a good hubby! Keep it up Mike! And I'm glad you had a good b-day!!

Janet said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday week. By the way, I want to work where you work. Any employer that acknowledges that you should have your birthday off is good in my book. (Mine signed me up for a class to go to on my birthday, so not cool). Glad you had such a great birthday.

Lacy said...

Happy Birthday! I don't know why but turning 27 wasn't as bad as turning 26 for me (we're the same age!) I'm glad you were treated so well and had another great birthday!

The Cole Family D+K=D said...

Hey Traci! I found your blog! :) Thanks for inviting us over for your birthday! it was really fun :) I have a blog too, but it's private, so send me your e-mail address so I can invite you to see mine :)
kattycole7@gmail.com :)
I'm so excited that you're coming to ZUMBA with me, it's so much fun!! :)

Jon + Kat said...

I totally miss you guys! Do you remember all the cool birthday parties you used to have where we would drink Tab and act really crazy (probably thanks to the Tab!) Ahh, good times! I am coming home this summer and debating on driving so I can just go up through Utah visiting all the family and friends I haven't seen forever! You are on that list! Happy b-day! 27 is a good age (even if you don't look it!)

Brittney said...

It looks like you had a fun and happy Birthday!!! You are so awesome!!!

~Cmac~ said...

Happy belated birthday!