Sunday, February 17, 2008

Viva La Cancun!

So Mike and I have never really been on a real trip together until this last week :) We got to spend some time in Cancun with my parents and it was Great!! I could write a whole novel on our experiences and the good time we had but instead I will post just some of the highlights (besides that my parents have a lot of pictures on their camera that we don't have yet).
So what is it like going on a trip with your parents? I think this picture portrays it well. Yes that would be my mother breaking up what could have been a romantic kiss on the beach...haha! No we had a great time with my parents and yes we were still able to be romantic without to much interferance :) We love you Mom and Dad!

One of my best moments on the trip was going to see the Mayan ruins it Chichen-Itza. I am not much of a history buff but being there and going on the tour really sparked my interest in all of the amazing things that happened there and amazed about all of the human sacrafices that were made so they could be closer to the Gods. Wow, we are only asked to do such small things in comparason to what they were asked to do by their great leaders. Here is a picture of a big water hole where they sacraficed alot of people. Mike and I thought we would be funny and take pictures of us trying to sacrafice eachother

This ruin was really neat!! And you can't tell by looking at it but there is another temple inside of the large temple built over it. Sad to say we weren't able to go inside any of the Ruins to explore but it was still neat being there (Neat tidbit of info: if you stand directly in the middle of the staircase and clap, it makes a sound like a bird back at ya)

Here's a couple more fun pictures of us at the Ruins (please note - Mike did not tell me how goofy that hat looked on me until we were home that night :( - How sweet of him )








That's only a small preview of what was there! We got some neat souvaneers from there as well with all of the neat carvings and jewelry that the Myan people make. I'll just share with you a few more photos of our trip but if you ever get the chance to go there someday - you better!!!

This picture is showing my first sunburn in Cancun (notice the the red coloration on the top of my colar bone on the left side - yes that would be it! I found it quite amusing)


This is Mike and I on the balcony outside my parent's hotel room



Ever petted a sloth before? Well we have! This is Mike and I petting a sloth at the Dolphin Discovery on Isla Mujeres


Isn't he So Cute!







We got to stay in mini suite the whole time because the hotel accidently gave out our rooms. So everynight we got to come home to sweet surprises on our bed. Here our a couple of Pictures :) We also got to ride First class coming home!

We were in Cancun on Valentines day so that morning while we were shopping Mike snuck off and got me a rose and he even got one for my mother but instead of taking the credit he snuck it to my dad to give to her!! Isn't my husband FANTASTIC!!

Although it was hot, extremely humid and we got sunburned I can honestly say we had a great time and we hope to be able to go back soon!! Now we just need to get adjusted to this cold again :( I will have more pictures posted soon when I get them from my parents because there are still lots of moments that I would love to share with you!!!

7 comments:

Josh and Amber said...

Your trip looked like lots of fun. Mom and Dad told Josh and I all about it. And I got to see all of their pics. That looks like a really cool place to go visit, and all the history, that's crazy!! And dad played us the video where you clap and you hear the bird chirping back at you. That was cool!! Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a good time we'll have to do a trip one of these days!!

Rodela Family said...

Ok Traci,
The site I got my picture for my blog is www.scrapblog.com Just pick a theme (or create one) throw in some pics. and then I just saved it to my computer and downloaded it on my blog. Love the pics. of the trip!

Tiff said...

What an awesome vacation. I am so jealous. I love your pics and bet you are so tan! I am so sick of this winter snow!!!

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

Hey its Michelle your old roomate from Royal Crest. I found your blog through Nicole...Hope you don't mind. I was wondering where you were these days. We live in Boise, but we go to Cedar Hills, all the time. Maybe I will see you there. See ya.

Our EyreLife said...

What a fun trip! I love your swimming suit Traci! And the blog background is rediculously you. Great work!

Sorry we missed game night the other night. We were really looking forward to it but got stuck at the in-law's house. Bummer. Make sure to call us again next time!

Nicole Stucki said...

Ok I am officially jealous. I miss the sun! Oh to go back to St. George and become a mexican again. Those were the days.

Nancy said...

Traci-
Remember me? I was doing the blogging thing and found you! How have you been? I am so excited because I was just thinking about you the other day. Anyways, give us a look. P.S. I am super envious, the sun!
-Nancy