So last week was quite a fun week for us! I could probably write a LOT but instead I'll try to write little & let the pics tell the story :) (but lets be honest...I'm going to write alot too)
First off it was Mike & I's 4 Year Anniversary last Tuesday! Boy do I love this guy & I love knowing that we have MANY more years to go together & it just keeps getting Better & Better!!! We really have soo much fun together! Anyways, Mike was in charge of our Anniversary this year since I planned Valentine's and he Definately did not disappoint for one moment!! First on Tuesday we went to the temple and did sealings & it was Amazing! The Sealer found out it was our anniversary & he gave us some Great advice just like it was our wedding day & we got to kiss over the Alter!!! Then when we came home Mike gave me 4 roses to represent our 4 years of marriage :) (he started this tradition on our one year anniversary and now its just going to have to live on forever). Then on Friday we did our actually celebrating. Mike took me to Temple Square and we went and watched the Joseph Smith Story at the Joseph Smith building, then he surprised me with a carriage ride around downtown Salt Lake...Then...we went to the Melting Pot and had cheese fondue and a really yummy chocolate fondue for desert - SOO GOOD! THEN...we stayed at the Anniversary Inn in a themed room called Pirate Paradise! It was soo fun! The whole room was like a ship (see pics below). Anyways we had a GREAT Anniversary & Mike did a great job planning everything!! Here are some pics below to help highlight our day (ps all the food pics are for my sis Jennie because apparently she thinks its pretty funny that I take pics of our food and post them. Now I must do it always!! haha)....
Now, lets back up to Wednesday. My brother Steve & his cute little fam came to stay with us for a few days. They were in town for my sis n' laws little sister's graduation & wedding. It was so fun having them stay. It was the first time they had been to our place & it was fun chasing Oakley and Riley around while they attacked Mylo (well maybe Fun isn't the right word to use - lol)!! On Wednesday we went to the Hogle Zoo & it was fun having Riley there because he got soo excited over every animal he saw, but then would be soo anxious to go see the next animal & Oakley was content just hanging out in her stroller. Of course, I have some fun pics to show off our fun for that day as well....
Here are a few more pics of some of our fun while they were here. Kids definately had a little more excitement and adventure to everything you do & hopefully I learned some things too. Thanks Steve & Becca for coming!!!!
Well, you think our fun would be over with but NOPE, after Steve & Becca left, my sis Jennie and her fam headed down from Idaho. They came down to see my brother so of course we got to enjoy some more company at our home :) We had fun & I set up a tent in our living room for my neices to sleep in. So with a tent there has to be smores. So luckily our sweet friends let us borrow there little smore kit that makes it easy to have smores in doors too :) Then there were games and lots of fun. Here are some pics of that as well....
Ok I think we are officially done...well for now that is ;) Stay tuned for more fun to come next week when the Hammonds and Grandma come to visit!!!




11 comments:
What cute pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a great anniversary!
Congratulations on 4 years! It looks like you guys were super busy. What fun! Mike did good planning the day. I love the melting pot, mmmmmm...
Yeah for food pictures :) hahaha they crack me up every time, and make me hungry too!! Btw you put when scott and becca left instead of steve haha........It was lots of fun and thanks for letting us stay with you!!! I do have one complaint though, was that seriously the best picture you had of me and scott??? I look like i'm sleeping in my chair uhg!!!
Happy Anniversary!!! sounds like Mike did a grea job and you had a blast :) cute pics.
haha I was gonna inform you of your scott steve mix up too, but it looks like jennie beat me to it!!! Now since you've beat me to blogging and this weekend hasn't happened yet looking at your post I could blog about it early. All I have to do is copy your pages, but replace you and mike with me and josh and replace oakley and riley at the zoo with Paige! lol!!! I'm glad you put a pic of your food from the Anniversary Inn, now I know what breakfast awaits me :)!!! And I think we'll have some fun in that room too! hahah! And at the zoo! So basicly I'll be copy catting all your pics this weekend! haha! But I don't think we're gonna go to the Melting Pot. We'll have to make it there another time. BTW: Your planning something fun for my b-day saturday night right??!?!?! Just making sure you don't forget we're celebrating it together! I love the tent in your living room, haha, takes up the whole space, but looks like the girls loved it!!! Anyway, this is getting really long, but I love ya congrats on 4years! Love all the pics and so happy you had such a fun and busy week!! Who would of thought you'd would be seeing almost all of your sibs and grandma within two weeks of eachother! haha!! Your packed house is almost to an end, you'll miss us when we're gone!!
congratulations on 4 years!! mike did a great job planning! wow!
we get to go to the melting pot soon, too. we have a gift card. i'm so excited. i love it there.
and how fun to have family in town. i love when i get to see my family. i bet your nieces love you. you guys will be great parents one day!
btw, i take a lot of food shots, too. what can i say, we're pretty passionate about food. : )
Happy Anniversary! You two know how to celebrate, great job staying on top of that! Jer and I need to do something fun this year for our sixth, maybe the Anniversary Inn?!? That place is awesome, we've stayed there twice and your pics made me "wish"!
Happy anniversary! Looks like it was better than amazing. I am glad you guys have had such a fun and eventful week with more to come!!!
You guys always have so much fun. I love to read your blog and see all the fun pictures. Oh and I noticed that you have Brad Janete Bowen on your blog. How do you know them? They are my sister's in laws. His brother Scott married my sister. Small world. But that would be interesting to see how we are all connected.
Ok so Traci you won't know me but I grew up by Mike and Angie sent me the link to your blog. I can't believe Mike is such a romantic! Tell Mike hi from Jenny Jewkes will you? And I hope you don't mind if I sneak a peek at your blog once in a while to see how Mike is doing.
Mike is such a romantic. He could teach your DAD a thing or too. I'm proud of you for going to the temple to do sealings. What a nice way to start off your celebration. I'm also glad you are such a good hostess. Where did you learn that from. It makes a mother proud to see her kids get together and have fun. Keep us posted on how your visit with the Hammonds and grandma goes.
Post a Comment