My LITTLE (not in Heigth...obviously) Brother is getting ready to Serve a Mission in the Halofax, Canada Mission
We had his Mission farewell last Sunday & he did a GREAT job on his talk! I think for one of the First times he didn't look so much like my Little Brother but more as a Grown Man. Obviously, as you can see from the pic above, he is going to have to learn to keep on a suite longer than just a few hours for church but I know that he will serve a Great Mission & I am so proud of him!!!And since the Entire Fam can't get Together without doing something Stupid & thinking we are funny...we have Exibit A:
Let me Explain...Mike & Josh are a little TOO Comfortable w/ my Family & because they love Tyson ohh Soo Much...They thought it would fun to Sport Mustache's at his farewell. Ok so Amber & I agree'd to let them have their moment of fun @ Tyson's expense but we definately weren't ready for the somewhat "gay" photos that would be taken as well. Sadly I have many more of these pics that we actually found quite Hilarious! Well, Ty I hope you know how much your Bro N' Laws Love Ya!!!
And because I can't have a post w/out a Collage of pics here are some more pics from the Farewell but because Tyson is still a teenager & its much cooler to be w/ friends than family...there really isn't any of him :( Well...we still had fun!! (Note: some of these pics won't make Any sense to the naked eye but they have meaning to me - so just know they are indeed funny!)
We also go the Pleasure to Celebrate our FIVE year anniversary this week (notice no Stache)!!
I am happy to say that we are even Happier than the day we were married!! Spending 5 well 6 (including dating) years w/ just eachother has made us Stronger! We have experienced alot of ups & downs together but our Marriage continues to stay strong! I LOVE that he is my husband!! And although our lives are different at 5 years than what we thought we would be doing at this time I know that it has created a Stronger bond between us & I just can't wait to see what happens next :)
I was in charge of our Anniversary this year & since Mike is in school we decided to do something "low budget". We both LOVE the Melting Pot so I created our own "Melting Pot" at home. Mike had to go work in the afternoon but when he got home our house had been transformed. I had created somewhat of a tunnel in our entry way so when Mike got home he could only go to the bathroom where he found some "nicer" clothes & a note for him. Afterwards he came out to see the "restaurant" & there we enjoyed Champaigne (sparkling Cider), Cheese Fondue & Chocolate Fondue! It was Soo Much fun & Very Romantic!!! Happy 5 Year Honey!!
Last but Not Least...My brother & his family moved to Lehi a few weeks ago & now our maybe twice a year visits w/ them have turned into twice a week!! It feels really nice to have family so close! They invited us to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point & it was soo pretty!! I have always wanted to see the Gardens before but never have so Thank You for going w/ us!!! Hopefully this will just be the beginning of many more memories w/ you!!
Now as for this week...Tyson is off to the MTC!!!!






12 comments:
your anniversary was SO CUTE traci! good job. we love the melting pot too but that looked WAY better because it's more romantic with just the two of you and keeps your wallet lighter (which is always good).
Happy Anniversary and congrats on 5years!! The mustache photo is hilarious!!
The gay mustache photos are classic! Why is it that our dad's look totally fine with a stache, but when our hubbies try to pull it, they look gay?! (or pedophilish?) Happy 5th! We miss you guys!
1. I was raised with the mustache, but, I have to say that those 'stache pictures while hilarious, are...well, they make me shiver:). I am still shivering.
2. I cannot believe what a terrible cousin I am. I have had Tyson super close while he was at the U and I never invited him over for dinner, or FHE or whatever. I am in sore need of repentance. Congrats to Canada, for getting such a rockin' missionary.
3. STEVE IS IN LEHI?! That is a get together that must happen. For all of us.
4. It is so great to see Uncle John. Now, he looks awesome in a mustache.
Wow, busy week. Looks very eventful. Happy Anniversary, your dinner looks so super cute and delicious!
I agree with everyone on the mustache photos, hilarious! Is my dad the only one on the Walker side that doesn't sport a 'stache? I think he did back in the day. Anyways, that is too funny.
Crazy/ exciting that Tyson is leaving. It will go by super fast. Andrew only has 8 months left, can't believe it.
You've seriously been married 5 years?! Crazy! Love the melting pot too, in fact I'm going there this week.
I will miss Steve and Becca. Even though it seems I was always working anytime they came to my parents. That place you guys went looks amazing! Looks like you had a great week, did any work get done in there?
You just had to include that photo didn't you.....and yet there is no "cute" photo of me, geeze thanks oh sister of mine haha
You are so creative, i've never been to the melting pot but i think i'll just come to your house if i get a fondue crave instead :)
oh and you forgot to mention how the boys posed themselves for the 'stache pictures without any outside influence. It still makes me laugh when i think about it! and Happy Anniversary :)
Cute idea for your anniversary! Love the stache pics. Oh man, I hope Chad never gets any crazy ideas like that, hehe. I can't believe our little brothers are big enough to be on missions! It makes me feel old!!
What a great idea for your anniversary. You are so creative. I know only wish you got that from me.
Thanks again for all your help on Tyson's big weekend.
Looks like you had fun at the tulip festival. I'm glad you are able to do thing together. wish we were there.
Oh. my. goodness. Those staches are too funny, in a creepy way. Congrats on 5 years of wedded bliss. You ought to be a professional party planner. I vote you "Most Fun to Party With". All in favor? AYE!
Happy anniversary, a wife that goes through all that trouble to do something special and lets you grow and sport the stache at her brothers farewell; you definitely got a keeper. How is school going? We are moving down that way soon so maybe this summer we will have to play some sand volleyball
Post a Comment