Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall Is Near...

Mike has had to go out of town alot for work lately so I've been stuck finding ways to keep me busy so I don't get too lonely & bored with out him. Well, last week my friend Becca & I decided that we were going to make our own Harvest wreaths this year. I made my Christmas wreath last year w/ some coworkers and I absolutely LOVE'd it and it didn't cost nearly as much as it does to find a good wreath at the store. So anyways, with Mike being gone this week I felt it was a good time to make them.

We found a great idea on the internet for doing square wreaths. Whenever I see square wreaths I totally love them & this website said that you could make them by using picture frames & wahlaa a great idea was born & that is what we did. We found some fun garland at Michael's crafts (which was 50% off) and went to work. All we did was paint the frames a goldish brown, then we hot glued on the leaves & I LOVE how they turned out!! It was soo much fun & it was a ton cheaper then buying a wreath like what we had made :) Anyways I wanted to share it with you because it was such a fun & easy way to get a fun/different wreath for the holidays. Mine is the reddish one on the right & Becca's is on the left!

Let me know what you think & if you have any other fun harvesty craft ideas please share!!!

16 comments:

S. Gibson said...

Those are so darling! What a great idea to use a frame, I would have never thought of that. I love how they turned out.

Tiff said...

I love them! They turned out so great. Call me when of these nights you are bored. I love doing stuff like this. I have seen tons of cute candle holders for fall at roberts.

{ Lana Cox } said...

That's really cute, good job! No, crafty fall ideas from me yet, but I'll let you know if I think of any.

tiff snedaker said...

CUTE! How fun - they look so great.

Lexie said...

I'm going to have to try that...how cute! Hey, I talked to Sham and we want to get together for lunch. We were going to try for the 4th of October, but it's conference and I won't be around. I'll call you with a better day!

Devri said...

Hey Traci! Your blog is so cute! I love your wreath. It's so pretty. I love doing crafts to keep myself busy too. :-)

Candice said...

I love thinking about doing crafts, but the actual execution is something to be desired. I am moy impressed, cous!

Bonnie and Steve said...

They turned out so cute. It even looks like something I could do. It's nice to have a crafty daughter. I wished we lived closer so we could make things together.

Curtis and Crystal said...

Traci,
That is way too cute. I love doing crafts like that and I just might have to make me one too. But, good job. Don't you hate it when your hubby goes out of town on buisness? It's the worst. Crystal

squiresclan said...

Way cute wreaths and what a great idea..........as for any other ideas unfortunately i'm neither cute or crafty so i have to rely on others like yourself :)

Josh and Amber said...

Well I guess I'll re-post to make you happy, since my other post was lame and didn't post.

Again..I say the wreaths are adorable!! Can't wait to see it for real when I come up next month! Next time you do something crafty like this make one for me and send it to me!!!

Tim and Vicky Porter said...

Adorable...I love it. :)

Cassie Mickelsen said...

Those are seriously so cute and I am really going to Michael's on Monday to buy the stuff and try it out. By the way....that picture of you and Mike on the top is beautiful! You are so pretty

Nancy said...

What a great idea! The wreath looks awesome. I love that fall is here.

T. Driaza said...

Okay Traci! I totally think your blog is one of the funnest & most entertaining. This idea of the wreath on a frame is soooo cute. I love how yours turned out. I think I might have to steal the idea if that's okay. Shoot no one over here in Saratoga Springs will have one anyways! lol. :)

pinksuedeshoe said...

I am totally blog-snatching this. That looks so pretty, I love the square!