I know this is kind of a random post, but when I saw the 100,000 mark (well, Mike did - Thanks honey for being soo observant) all of a sudden I started thinking about All the things I have done with this car & where it has been, so now I want to dedicate this post to my Dear Sweet Car the Notorious I.C.E (Thanks Nicole for helping me name it).
It's crazy to think of all the things I have been through with that car & all the things I am sure I will go through & although she may be a little warn around the edges, she runs just as great as the first day I got her (I have pics of that day but that was before my digital camera so I would have to look through my pics & scan it and so forth & that just seems like way to much work on the moment, so sorry for no pic of that fun day). So anyways here is a list of what my car has meant to me:
- Lots of fun trips to Vegas w/ Nicole
- 6 different moves (3 with Mike & 3 prior to Mike)
- Lots of Laughs shared in that car
- Lots of flat tires (I am notorious for flat tires)
- Boys...boys...boys
- Lots of Tears shed in that car (refer to bullet point above)
- Lots of sweet kisses (yes mom...it's true)
- Mike & I's 2nd kiss (if I remember correctly we were leaning on the car)
- Lots of road trips to St. George
- Lots of road trips to Logan while Mike & I were dating (every other weekend for a whole year)
- My closet away from home (it got pretty scary looking in there at times)
- A warm place for long talks (with myself & with others)
- A place of piece and quiet (best place to just be out & get away from it all)
- A good companion when the roads were slick (I have yet to slide off the road in my car)
- A Safe Ride (No accidents...except for the hit and run that happened RIGHT after I got her)
- My invisible car (seriously, I use to be quiet the speeder...yet cops never seemed to see me)
- Mylo's first car ride (I still remember how nervous I was driving home, he was just soo small! I know I know, but that's how I can relate to you sweet mommies out there. I know its not remotely close to the same thing, but you can let me think so)
- My own personal recording studio (I can't sing but in there the sky was the limit)
- A yummy meal (In fact you can still see most of those meals on my seats :( Oh my poor gray seats)
- 34 miles to the gallon!! Really helps when gas prices are SOO High!
- MINE (I paid it off last Spring/Summer, Man it felt good :)
Ok now you are all Free To Laugh :)
8 comments:
I want an SUV with all wheel drive too! Unfortunately my car has way over 100k miles on it. I think I'm due for a new one!
lol Traci I started laughing the moment I saw the picture of your odomider! lol!! Just since I happened to on the phone with you when you were searching for a camera to get a picture of it! But now I can see you made it home to get your camera with out the 1 popping up! lol! Anyway, I love the post I thought it was so fun to read. And the many sweet kisses in your car (yes mom's it true) hahaha I laughed a lot. So I'm sorry I didn't wait till the end of your post to laugh, I laughed through the whole thing! But I wasn't laughing at you or the post, just what was written in the post! Your so funny! haha!
Memories are grand, even when they stem from a car :)!!!
It's funny what vehicles can do to a person! I remember crying with my big sis many many years ago when my parents traded in our old Bronco. Thanks for sharing such a unique post!
Oh Traci! I remember the day you bought ICE! What a great day. We were all excited! I also remember how excited Amber was to get your old car. And yes many many road trips to Vegas. She rides like a dream. I'm so glad you did a post on her! LOVE IT!
Congrats on the big 100,000. I love cars that can last and that make great memories. We are actually looking for a SUV as well. Good luck with it.
That was a great ode to your car! I agree about cars being your sanctuary. When I first moved to Utah, my Bronco was my life (even though it was falling apart!) Random, Do you recall a Brian(?) Sturzer from high school? He remembers you. He and his wife are in my in-laws ward in Amarillo getting Texas residency to apply to dental school. Small world. I've been meaning to mention it to you for literally months!
hey Traci -i still miss roxy and the clown van.remember how we thought the door was busted so we all used the front door to get out for lunch. great times!!!lol
Post a Comment