My sweet little niece Makayla was baptized last weekend but before that my sis and her little fam came down a day early so we could spend a fun day together before heading to Idaho. First we went golfing, because I have officially taken up the sport...again (I quite every year) & we had a great time!! Luckily it wasn't too hot, but it was funny because Josh (amber's hubby) has "sensitive" skin so everytime we were by ANY bit of shade he was found in it. It made me laugh seeing him far away from where we were just so he could be under some good ol' shade! Maybe it was a "had to of been there" kind of thing, but it sure was funny to me
Then to say Thank you to Josh's sis for babysitting Paige while we were golfing, we all went swimming at my condo & for once Mike & I actually blended in (ya see you rarely see people there without children). Anyways we had a lot of fun & Mike was so sweet & watched Rachel's baby while we swam...once again another Sign that he is going to be a GREAT daddy!!!Saturday morning the whole fam headed up to Idaho for Kayla's special event! And this was extremely special because Kayla is 10 years old & do to some great home teachers she took the missionary discussions and chose to be baptized! I really look up to her for making that decision on her own & I am glad she got so much support from family. It was really neat too because she asked my little brother (her uncle) Tyson to baptize her & Tyson did such a great job! You can really tell she looks up to her Uncle Tyson & what a great way to help Tyson prepare for his mission. Congratulations Kayla!! We are all so very proud of you!!!!
Then of course we had to have a bar b que afterwards with all the fam to help celebrate the event. It's sad because I use to see my aunt's and uncles alot but not so much since my family moved to Utah, but it was great being with all of them again. Thanks for all your support!! (the pic of Kayla is her reading the scriptures she got from her Aunts and Uncles for her baptism)
Kayla I hope you remember this day always & how you felt on this day!! We Love You Soo Much!




9 comments:
Those pictures make me sad that we couldn't be at the baptism, but looks like everyone had fun. That's a really nice picture of Kayla reading her scriptures.
You so good i'm slow haven't done my baptism blog yet. Love your pictures at the bbq and so glad u took them. I realized after the fact i didn't get a single picture taken during it. And sadly got to thinking i didn't really visit much either, one down side of being hostess always running around making sure everybody has everything, was still fun though :) I'm so glad you guys made it up wouldn't of been the same without ya!
That weekend was fun! And Kayla's baptism was great! but nice pics of me, you got some pretty nasty ones on there haha! But also, remember to e-mail me the pics you silly girl. Mostly from the BBQ and swimming!
I miss having all of the family live in Idaho. We used to have such wonderful big Walker gatherings all of the time.
Congratulations, Kayla. This is the second best decision you will ever make. Now onto the temple!
I love the last picture. Who took that? It is beautiful.
What a fun weekend!!! That is awesome that she was baptized!!
Yes, it was a great weekend. We had a lot of fun. I'm glad you took pictures of the barbeque too.
That last pic of MaKayla is awesome!
I promise I left a comment a few days ago, but I must not have pushed enter or something. I'm on too many drugs! Anyways I think what I said before was that it looks like it was a fun/ special weekend for your family. That last pic of Makayla is so sweet. I love the pool pics. You know, pool time is all the time in AZ. Becca and Steve know what's up, now everyone needs to follow! Think of the fun get togethers that would be had. Think about it.
Why aren't you so creative? I love what you did with the pictures...the collages and what not. and that picture of kenna with her scriptures is totally awesome!
Post a Comment