So I've been doing a lot of "thinking" during my nice little Holiday break from work & the other night when I was "thinking" instead of sleeping I discovered something...the Voice in my head is not the same voice I hear when I am talking or the voice I hear when I hear me on video or something (BTW that voice is very whiney & more high pitched than the voice i hear when I am speaking...I apologize that this is the voice you all get to hear when I speak). The voice I hear when I am talking to myself in my head is very calm & full of lots of wisdom. Everything she says is Awe inspiring!! She is the reason I decided to start this New Year of Hope! She told me it was a great idea & that i had lots of things to say. But then after I wrote my first post I got a little nervous. I kind of felt like she had lead me down a dumb path but then I read all your comments & you were all very sweet & gave me a stamp (there must be a better word i could put here) of Confidence so Thank You!! I really do appreciate you!! Now if only I could get the voice in my head out so you could hear her! Really she is fabulous & she uses such good Grammer & is Whitey & Fun!! So tell me, what is the Voice in your Head like?? (Please tell me you speak to yourself too - haha)
Moving On...
My Aunt Renae sent me this fun/great clip to watch & I really did enjoy it. Thank you Renae!! I think I will have to add this as a subtitle to my Year of Hope & that is "Look Not Behind Thee"...
If you want to check it out it is found here: http://lds.org/pages/look-not-behind-thee?lang=eng
Hugs & Kisses!! Traci
6 comments:
I'm loving your new posts! I love the idea of this year being a year of hope! How inspiring is that! I don't think I've ever listened to what my inner voice sounds like. I talk to myself all the time (maybe it's a Walker thing!) but my inner voice usually is a lot smarter than myself, and very good and solving my problems. Then I try to execute them and it doesn't work out as well as it did in my head! If only others could hear my inner voice too! Oh--what kind of dog is Mylo?
I totally do have a voice in my head ;) It is much lower than my actual voice and sounds older too. When I hear my voice recorded I feel like I sound like a teenager or something, but boy if the voice I hear in my head was how I actually sounded :)
My voice that I hear sounds much better than the one everyone else hears. It is much more eloquent at speaking and can always think of the right word. And my sarcasm is never misunderstood for rudeness, which I am finding out happens more often than I think.
My inner voice is also indeed much better at speaking and sounds perfect. My outer voice, especially when I'm talking to you has a way of comming out weird and sounding retarded. You get that effect on me, maybe it's the nervs I get around you because you are so wise ;) haha!! But I ensure you your outer voice is indeed whitey and fun. Grammer mistakes are maybe here and there, but your still awesome!! I myself am finding a new found love on your posts. You've only had two and you got me thinking, what is she going to post about next. They are inspiring and not only help you but also those around you. So I'm putting you up to the challenge to not doubt yourself and don't stop posting!! Till I tune in next time, have a fabulous day!! Love you!
P.S. That was a really great video clip. Such a great message and thing to remember. Thanks Renae for sharing that!
finally you are blogging again! Yay! Lookin forward to reading :)
Post a Comment