Ok so with this "Year of Hope" comes my "Hope-A-Lutions" (go on you can say it...Yes this was very creative of me...haha). There are probably MANY but I'm going to stick with some of my current top few. I figured if I told them to you it will be even more embarassing when I don't atleast Try to accomplish them but at the same time since they are "HOPE-a-lutions", I am really just hoping I can accomplish them all, but if I don't - I will survive!!! (did anyone else just hear the song "I Will Survive" in your head??)
Now in no Particular Order....
- HOPE-A-Lution #1 - to keep my Year of Hope going by keeping this blog updated & keeping it Real!!! and hopefully to keep it fun enough that it is worth reading :)
- HOPE-A-Lution #2 - Read my scriptures more often (I don't know why this is hard for me but in Primary the theme is "I Know the Scriptures are True" & so we have challenged the kids to read the entire Book of Mormon this year so with them I have pledged to do the same)
- HOPE-A-Lution #3 - To figure out how in the Heck to Use this thing!! (and hopefully how to make really cute things with it too) This was my Christmas Gift & much Wanted Gift from my loving Hubby....

I will have you know that I have threaded my first bobbin & I threaded the machine & accomplished my very first mini sewing project (picture to come) on my very own. And I am blessed w/ good friends that know what they are doing & so hopefully with the help of my dear friend Kim (and hopefully a few others) I will become a SEWING MASTER!!!! Again...These are just Hopes ;)
- HOPE-A-Lution #4 - To keep up with my Workout Routine!! I won't say I want to lose X amount of pounds because I always get frustrated but I do want to feel healthy & feel good so with the Hope of continually working out I am sure I will lose weight & I will feel Great :)
- HOPE-A-Lution #5 - That "this Thing" will happen for us!!!! (if you don't know what I am referring to, please refer to Chapter 1) And I hope to stay Positive even if it does not :)
Ok I think that is enough for now, but since my Birthday is this week I have One request to ask of You! AS A GIFT TO ME GO OUT & DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF & then come back & tell me about it :) It doesn't have to cost money (or it can) but have fun with this & do something that makes you HAPPY atleast for a small moment :)
Hugs & Kisses - Traci
6 comments:
i'm so glad mike got you the sewing machine! i have some serious projects to work on in the next couple of months...perhaps we should get together because mine is still in the box and i haven't used it in like 10 years! i love your hopealutions! xoxo
those are good hopealutions! i love that you're reading the book of mormon in primary. we read it as a family last year but now we're reading it again.
i'm thinking we need to get a craft group together and we can all bring our sewing machines (or a different project) and work on making something.
and i hope 'that thing' will happen for you too! really!
I love your Hope alations. They are so great. We are totally going to do a sewing night and keep it going, believe me I need the girl time :) (I am typing this as cici is hitting me on the bum, thought that would give you a smile :)
We cans start with burp clothes and car seat covers and graduate to skirts and drapes and bedding :). I made my valentines formal dress in High School too so we can even get into other clothes projects too :) I am so excited!!!
I also love your "hope" list. I read the Book of Mormon cover to cover for the first time last year (like Sept-Dec) and I was so proud of myself! Me and Jon are trying to do it this year. You will LOVE your sewing machine! Skirts are easy, as are dresses! Don't be afraid! Just jump into a project! JoAnn's has patterns on sale for $.99 all the time. I have a nice collection now of past and future projects--including a pair of baby shoes I'm going to make for my sis-in-law, and a bag I will probably make for myself! Keep up with the working out! I tell you, it's my sanity, but it really took awhile for it to catch fire for me!
TRACI YOU'RE BACK!!!!! I love all of your posts so much! You are one amazing person :). I think I will go along with the HOPE a lutions too. MISS YOU! And happy early birthday! Don't worry this is just the first of many birthday wishes. Oh ps once you learn how to use that sewing machine you'll have to teach me k!
Man, I need to make a Hope-a-lutions lists! I like your sewing hope-a-lutions, when you start learning how to make all these super cool things this year from all of your cool sewing friends you got here, you'll have to teach me!!! I'm with you on the finishing the book of mormon this year! We WILL both accomplish that one this year!!! I am so excited and hopful for this year! 2011 is going to be a good one! Happy Birthday (for the trilinth time! haha)Oh and as for your birthday wish in treating myself I took my giftcards and finally bought the boots I wanted, plus another pair of shoes. If you remember the boots were orginally $50, but when I finally went to buy them they were marked down to 39.99 then since I got the other shoes I get em half off, so I got the ones I wanted from the start for $20! I was stoked!
Post a Comment