Finally after like 6 years I got to go back to Idaho for the 4th of July!! I have been looking forward to this day for like 6 years now :) I am such a sucker for fireworks & Idaho Fall's fireworks will always be instilled in my heart as "The Best of the West of the Mississippi"!! I have shared this belief with Mike for 4 years now & he finally got to enjoy them with me, but besides just the fireworks we had a really great time in Idaho this weekend.
First, it started with lunch w/ my dear friend Nicole Stucki & her sis Lindsey. It was so great seeing you again Nicole!! If I had a blog when we lived together it would have been filled with lots of random things & lots of stories of all the FREE stuff we got. We definately had a great summer together :) Then we headed off to the Menan parade. And let me tell ya Mike & Josh (Amber's husband) were extremely impressed! Ok, so maybe they totally laughed at it but it was so fun being there & the carnival afterwards brought so many memories back...well mostly because I ran into so many great friends that I hadn't seen in way too long. I totally goofed and didn't take pictures with anyone but I did get a pic of me w/ the Jones! I love that I can still talk to them like we had never been apart! They are such a great family :) Below is a little scrap page of some of the fun pics we took there (the baby in the pic is my adorable niece, Paige - they were too cute not to post & the cowboy is a great representation of what you will find in Menan - haha - ok he was in the parade but by looking at him you had no way of knowing what he was suppose to be sponsoring):
Then of course it was time for the fireworks! We got there at like 5 so there was plently of time to take the boys for a walk around the Greenbelt (I wanted Mike to experience EVERYTHING)! Again saw some good friends & then it was time to experience the infamous fireworks!! Of course they were awesome & Mike even admited they were pretty darn good, except he said that it wasn't the fireworks that stole the show, it was just the whole atomosphere which I would totally have to agree with. Although we took lots of pics of the fireworks below is a scrap page of pics w/ the fam since we got to spend a lot of time with the family this weekend. The only people missing were my parents & Steve & his family - hopefully we'll all be together next year!Saturday we started off the day golfing. I, of course, just drove the cart but it was fun watching Mike, Josh & Amber play! And Mike won - Go Mike!! Then we had a long needed nap before we headed off to the Snell's for dinner. We can always rely on the Snell's for some good ol' cookin'!! (For those that don't know they Snell's they are long time family friends of ours that will never get rid of us) Afterwards we just played around & then a fun little football game developed & below are some pics of that fun!! In the pics w/ us are Nate & Becca Stander (Snell)
Then we made our journey back home on Sunday. It was a great trip!! Hopefully Mike will let us go back for the 4th many more years to come :) Sorry for such the long post w/ all the pics and pretty much an itinerary of our weekend but I wanted you to get a feel of what a great time we had!! also if you want to see more pics and explanations of pretty much the same thing you can visit my sister's blog (Amber Hammond)! She's much better than me at putting up cute posts quickly!! Thanks Amber, Josh & of course Paige for coming with us & Jennie for letting us stay with you!! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th as well!!! I LOVE our Freedom!!!
A Beautiful Idaho Sunset



12 comments:
So I'm stealing your football scrapblog to put on my facebook, it saved perfectly:) Also, I edited my post and am directing my friends to yours if they wanna see the football pics. Anyway, Our trip was SO much FUN!!! I am so happy I got Josh to let us go! He is so stubborn sometimes! But it was well worth it! I would really really like to do it agian! I LOVE your background! Love ya!
Oh and to Jenn if you read this, thank you so much for watching Paige while we went golfing! I'm so glad we got to stay with you! I love you!
I love, love, love, your new background! How fun to come up to Idaho! I love the melaluca fireworks! Cute scrapbook pages!
Look at you being creative and stuff! We could seriously start our own blog of how to have fun in St. George and Vegas! Hahaha. Oh and I will be emailing you the flashing story for your insight!
Cute blog Traci! It is fun to hear about everyones 4th! I love the 4th of July! Come-on though, Menan parade! No...I love the "down home" feel of the Menan festivities!!
Oh man! I love your hair that blonde. Tracy, you're such a babe! :) You made me miss Idaho's 4th of July. It really is the best. Maybe I'll have to make the trip next year.
Looks like you guys had a blast. What a fun trip! Your blog is so cute.
thanks traci!! I took the picture!!
looks like you had a good time in idaho! it's always soooooooo fun to see old friends, isn't it? it brings back the best memories.
Hey I was at the Menan parade too. i wish we would of ran into you. Your blog is way too cute. Hopefully we will run into you some day soon. Crystal Batt Loveless
Hey Traci,
Cute Blog! It was great being able to visit with you at the bridal shower. We'll have to get together soon!
Come visit me at mine-Victoria~
www.ericandvictoria.blogspot.com
So cute, i really need to get my blog done, quade's been a computer hog lately! OH and yw amber, and also if you talk to the jones's or if they come to your blog and see this, if you get your email address to traci, or traci you can give them mine and i'll get an invite sent so you can see my page :)
Tracie, we were also at the Fireworks. It's been a long time family tradition to spend the whole day at the park and then finish with the fireworks. This year we got to have Spencer's parents (from Texas) with us and I'm pretty sure they are the best fireworks they've ever seen. I love the whole "living the American Dream" feel. It's great to be an American.
Aw, I miss the IF fireworks :D They are the best. How are you?
Post a Comment