Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Great Saturday...

I had a really good Saturday this last weekend :) First, it began w/ my sweet husband! Yes I am going to brag for a moment!! Well, we have started the tradition of celebrating 1/2 birthdays since there are way to many holidays wrapped around our birthdays then nothing happens forever, so we thought celebrating our 1/2 birthday was much needed (ok so I thought it was but he went along with it) Well...this year I totally forgot his!! I felt so bad cause I didn't remember it until it was a Week past his. He said it was fine so I definately wasn't expecting anything. Well, of course my hubby likes to make me feel even worse & he has a better memory than I (yes - it's true...I am more likely to forget an anniversary than he would) So Saturday after already being upset with him for being really late for our lunch date w/ some friends...he came home with a bouqette of flowers, a sweet card, and a movie for me. It was Soo Sweet!! I totally forgot it was even my 1/2 birthday! What a sweet Hubby :) I Love You Sooo Much!!! And...I tried not to be mad anymore.
Then...I got to go to lunch w/ an old Roomy - Michelle from my 2nd year at BYU-Idaho!! We really clicked from the beginning - which was mostly due to the fact that we both liked boys and we really liked hanging out with boys (not that the other roomys didn't like boys, they were just more of the "home body" type if you know what I mean). It was soo great seeing her. She has two little boys now which are super cute & definately full of a lot of energy! Thanks Michelle for lunch & thanks for coming Becca!! Hmm...Do we look like we have aged at all??

Next I attended a Lual (sp?) themed Bridal Shower for my friend Angie Rosenburg, to help her get "Leid" (sp?) which was thrown by my friend Brittany Gerard. Brittany definately knows how to throw a party. I won't go into all the details as to what games were played but it was definately a party for friends and not soo much the grandma's and ma's...if you know what I mean. But we sure did laugh alot & have alot of fun!!! Below are some fun pics of the party! In the pics are Me, Brittany Gerard, Rachelle Jarimello (Olsen), Angie Rosenburg(soon to be DeGraw, Victoria Driscoll (Ogden), Wendy Blackburn (can't remember her new last name) & the little girl in the pic is Victoria's baby, Nykelle. She was so cute!! She ate like 5 bananas & who knows how many cupcakes. So the pic of her is her with cupcake frosting all over her face. It was too cute not to post (yes I have a tendancy of posting pics of other people's kids until I get some of my own). Also Brittany gave Angie the ULTIMATE KILLER Bridal gift. She gave her a chest (really it was a chest) filled with everything you could possible need to help start off a "fun" marriage & then a whole bunch more to help keep things Hott!! Britt way to go on the gift!! Angie, you better tell us what are "Must Haves" & "Must Don'ts)

Victoria's husband & my husband went golfing while we were at the shower. So...when it was done they met up with us & since we NEVER see Rachelle we went out to dinner afterwards. (well...mostly for the boys cause they didn't have the yummy Hawaiian Haystacks at the party). Anyways, Nykelle was having so much fun playing w/ Mike so I had to take a pic :) And here is one of us girls as well.


So a good Saturday Indeed!!

11 comments:

Natasha Ireland said...

Oooh my gosh, ANGIE.... Some people you don't see or hear from forever and then you hear about them and it rushes so many fun memories. Love her. And TOTALLY MISS U, RACHELLE and VICTORIA. Love u girls. Doesn't Victoria live in utah? We need to all get together when I get home from Cali. I get home Aug. 2.

Unknown said...

Wow, so many familiar faces, looks like you guys had fun. I was wondering if you knew if Becca has a blog? I've been trying to get in touch with her for awhile just to see how she was doing, anyways ya, looks like a ton of fun, and even though it's been years now it pretty much seems like everyone looks the same, crazy how that is-

Josh and Amber said...

That does look like it was a pretty amazing saturday!! It's fun to see all your old friends faces again! Angie's bridal shower looked and sounded like so much fun, Way to go Britt you did an awesome job! Wish you would have hosted one for me! lol!

Traci - Now its time there hear about that concert:) haha!

Eric, Victoria, & Nykelle said...

Hey Spacey Traci,
That was a great Saturday. It was fun being able to visit with all you guys since it had been such a long time and Britt threw a great party! You'll have to email me the pics they turned out cute!
Sic Vic

squiresclan said...

Looks like u had a blast!! i'm with amber bring on the pics ;) lol

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't see those girls forever. It's funny cuz I grew up with brittany, angie, and wendy all in our home ward! I love the 1/2 birthday idea. So Happy Late 1/2 birthday!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Love the 1/2 birthday idea! I am totally going to try and squeeze that one in! No one looks like they have aged at all!

{ Lana Cox } said...

Aw, what a sweet hubbie you have! That's awesome about the 1/2 birthday. What a fun idea! Looks like the shower was a ton of fun. I miss all of you!

{ Lana Cox } said...

p.s. I forgot to tell ya, I got my header at www.cutestblogontheblock.com :)

Tiff said...

Wow what a great Saturday! Happy 1/2 birthday. Thats great that Mike remembered. Husbands are the greatest. Sounds like a fun bridal shower!

Bonnie and Steve said...

It's so fun seeing all my girls. None of you even look older. Britany did a good job on the party. Now for her a man!!!