Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Cleanse...

Have you ever done the Maple Syrup Cleanse Diet??
If so please tell me how it went & if it worked. What were the pros & cons of the diet? Would you do it again?? Were you glad you did it?? Do you know someone who did it??
I'm asking because a few girls at my work really want to do it & I am a little hesitent & plus with my trip just around the corner
I wouldn't be able to do it for the full
10 days so really is it worth it?

12 comments:

{ Lana Cox } said...

Is that the one where you mix maple syrup with cayenne pepper and some other things? I wouldn't do it. If you loose weight it's because of all the nutrients you'll be missing out on. You'll be hungry, grouchy, and it will taste like crap. You'll probably gain the weight back really fast after you quite it. Diets like those also put your body in starvation mode and turn your muscle to fat. If I were you I would just watch my carbs (don't take them all out, just eat good carbs) and workout. Taking sugar out of your diet is another good way to loose weight. Good luck :)

Becca said...

Holy cow I can't believe people actuslly DO stuff like that. I don't believe in all those "cleansing" deals. It all just comes down to eating right and making sure you are burning more than you are taking in, etc. I would eliminate anything with sugar, especially pop, if you drink it. Steve's had success with that.

Tim and Vicky Porter said...

I have never heard of that one...but Kami and Kay are on the MD Diet and it really works. You could do the detox part of it (for 3 days)...which is green veggies, protien, oranges, etc...the more you eat the more you lose. Call me if you want more details. :)

squiresclan said...

I don't know anyone that has done it. but i agree with the others i don't go for them type of diets because i'm sure in that 10 days you probably would lose quiet a bit if you aren't eating but once you eat your going to gain weight back. least u would think so. But something like your friend said a 2-3 day detox to cleanse your stystem and then continuing on with eating right would probably work better.

Josh and Amber said...

That MD Diet sounds interesting. You should get more info on that one.

Kris and Sarah said...

It works good if you only do it to start eating better. Before I had Livi I did it for like two or three days then picked up eating better foods while doing an exercise routine. It helped me, not that you can tell right now. :) It's an awesome starter if you only do it to begin. Don't do it for a prolonged time. It will mess up your metabolism.
p.s. We do have matching doggies!! ha ha

Tiff said...

Wow there are so many crazy diets out there! Be careful. All the experts will tell you to just watch what you and excersise. To bad there isn't a quick fix to weight loss, but think of how long it takes us to put on a few extra pounds! I cut out sugar and processed foods and started eating a lot more fruits and veggies and that has helped a ton! I feel better, have more energy and I am starting to lose weight. You really should only be losing 2-3 lbs a week for healthy weight loss! But you look great! Just focus on being HEALTHY!

Our EyreLife said...

Hey Traci,
The Kenyan's did it and lost some weight...and cleanses are good for you once in a while...but the maple/lemon/cayenne pepper juice cleanse is VERY HARD to do and isn't meant for just weight loss. I wouldn't suggest you do it just because the girls at work want to. Yes, people lose weight doing it, but there are healthier ways of losing weight if that's what you're thinking about doing...

Natasha Ireland said...

Ditto to the above and PS your pic at the top of your blog is FABULOUS!

S. Gibson said...

Danny and I did it last november. I wanted to try it because I was having some health issues. Call me if you want more details, I would love to talk to you about it. This would just be a really long comment if I tried to fit it all in. Two things I would think about..
1. If your husband isn't doing it, it is probably going to be a lot harder for you. The smell of food cooking was a killer.
2. If you finish right before a trip it might make eating normal a little harder. It took me a few days before my stomach felt like eating certain things.

JAGBHansen said...

Johnny and I completed "The Master Cleanse" just 2 weeks ago. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone willing to try it. I don't think it is worth it if you can't complete the full 10 days. It just takes that long to cleanse your insides. It is very hard to do by yourself, but with a group to help each other along, I am sure that you could all get through it. Mornings are the hardest so you have to plan extra time to prepare. You have to make sure you use the correct ingredients, so that you don't get sick. If you want to call me, get my number from Becca, I don't want to give it out where everyone can see it. I can go into more detail, or email me at jagbhansen.com.

~April

JAGBHansen said...

PS--you don't get hungry while you are doing it and your body doesn't lose out on nutrients. The cleanse allows your body to function better because it is not working so hard to break down all of the crappy foods that we eat on an every day basis. You don't get hungry, you don't get grouchy, in fact, you have more energy and sense of life, than you did before. You only lose weight if you choose, and you can actually gain weight on this cleanse. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "diet" as it is in all reality a cleanse.