Warning: Please Prepare for LOTS of Pictures & a LONG Post!!!
So...We had SOO much fun in Costa Rica last week!!! And of course we took LOTs & LOTS of Pics! So after quite some time of narrowing down what I have, I have chosen the pics below to display. And because Pictures can tell a ton of words, I hope that my post won't be too Long...but definitely no promises there.
In case some of you didn’t know, we were able to go to Costa Rica w/ my bestest friend Becca & her husband Nate. Then because my dad can hook us up with killer deals for flights, my parents ended up tagging along & my Aunt & Uncle Bagley hopped onto the ride as well & I am soo glad all of them came because we had soo much fun together!! First off, Costa Rica is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Every view is amazing!! Here are some pics of a few of the many amazing photos I got of just the scenery alone (plus a couple of our house we rented)
So anyways, we decided to rent a house for the week instead of staying in a hotel & I am soo glad we did. The house was soo cute & we had our own pool & nice patio area for lounging. There was enough room for all of us & we were able to cook, swim, & relax in our own little place which I just loved! But I will admit that I am just about done w/ Rice & Beans! We ate that a lot, but since it was soo cheap & actually the meat was pretty good but still my tummy was craving a JBC (Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger) by the time we were heading home. Besides that it was Great!!! Here is a quick run down of our Fun!…
On Monday we went on an ATV (fourwheeler) tour & it was soo fun. We saw some amazing views, petted a baby monkey, visited a sea turtle farm, drove on the beach, saw an amazing waterfall, watched our tour guide climb up a tree like a monkey & get us coconuts & had Loads of fun!!! Each couple had a fourwheeler & we were able to drive up the mountain side to catch beautiful glimpses of the valley (too bad the top was way foggy) but still a wonderful ride J Below are some pics of the fun!
On Tuesday we went on a Canopy tour up in the jungle & Wow what a Rush!!! There were 15
lines we got to go on. So we pretty much zipped from one huge tree to the next until we reached the bottom. We saw lots of monkeys jumping from tree to tree and gazing at us from the high branches. I hoped one would sneak up on us but nope they kept there distance but you could still see so many of them. If you look in the pic on the right you can catch a glimpse of one of them. Man do I soo want a Monkey!!! Nate, Becca’s husband, is quite adventuresome & did not hesitate to go upside down on the canopy lines but I didn’t gather enough nerve myself until the very last ride, which wasn’t too high in the air, but was still a little intense for me.
lines we got to go on. So we pretty much zipped from one huge tree to the next until we reached the bottom. We saw lots of monkeys jumping from tree to tree and gazing at us from the high branches. I hoped one would sneak up on us but nope they kept there distance but you could still see so many of them. If you look in the pic on the right you can catch a glimpse of one of them. Man do I soo want a Monkey!!! Nate, Becca’s husband, is quite adventuresome & did not hesitate to go upside down on the canopy lines but I didn’t gather enough nerve myself until the very last ride, which wasn’t too high in the air, but was still a little intense for me.Wednesday, was mostly for lounging & playing at the beach. We rented boogey boards & got a surf board for the boys to try. The waves there were PERFECT for boogey boarding & we had a Blast!! This was a first for Mike & he was like a little kid trying to catch all the waves & would smile with joy when he got a good one! I learned that I say “Oh baby” a lot!! We got video of us playing & somehow I always managed to yell “Oh Baby” when I caught a wave. Hmmm…the things you learn about yourself :)
Thursday was probably our most thrilling day! We went White Water Rafting & for those that have white water rafted in Jackson or on the Snake River, just know that these waves were Killer compared to those!! They were mostly class 3 & 4 waves & definitely got us a little nervous at times. Again, this was a first for Mike & although he was a little nervous, I think he ended up having a Great Time!! Becca, well…She had a fight with one of the rapids & the rapid won L She flew into the river & battled her way up the river to be rescued, but the Funniest moment was when my Uncle decided to take charge of the boat (he use to be a whitewater rafting tour guide in his good ol’ days) so he convinced the tour guide to let him take charge of the boat. Well…he quickly learned that the river had taken charge and everyone in there boat was thrown out of the boat except for the Actual tour guide. It was soo funny, watching all their body’s fly out (those bodies included my parents, my Uncle John, & a cute couple from Mexico). I think the tour guides weren’t quite sure what to do with all of us…haha!!! I just wish we had a pic of that moment! And they even took us to a fun waterfall & we got to swim in the water hole at the bottom!! Again...way fun & pretty!
Another cool part about that day was that on the tour we got to ride a Hummer to the river & on the way the tour guides would stop and grab different plants, leaves, & such and show us these cool things. Like in that small time I smelled Vanilla, Cinnamon, Chamomile, Lemon Grass, and some other stuff I can’t remember at the moment. Plus we saw some cool birds & the tour guide grabbed this Cool looking spider for us to look at. Spiders definitely freak me out but this one was SOO cool!!! And the spider web was soo strong. They use the web for fishing because the line is that strong!! Anyways, it was soo neat to see all these things that I take for granted of each day in its natural habitat & see where it all comes from!So…I know I could go on & on about how much fun our trip was & I know I am leaving out A lot of details, but I think this atleast gives you the jiffs of how great it was & how much fun we had!! Below are some more pics that I just thought were fun & thought I would share, just in case you weren’t pictured out yet!! But trust me there is a lot more & if you truly want to see them just let me know & I know Mike & I would be more than happy to do a slide show for ya!
Well Mom & Dad Thanks for coming!! And Aunt Lue & Uncle John I had a great time with you!!! And of course Nate & Becca I love that you were there!!! And all of you out there I know we would love to go on a trip again so please feel free to join in!!!







19 comments:
I'm so jealous! That looked like so much fun!! Reading your post was a role play of everything mom told me about the trip too:) hehe! You guys did some really fun stuff! I love all the pics! That last one of you is sweet, it makes me laugh! The zip line pics of everyone are freaking awesome too!! SO FUN!! I guess I'll talk to you more about it on the phone when you call me! By the way you hung up on me early too you punk. I said wait I wanna tell you something real quick, and you just giggled at your friends and said ok talk to ya later and hung up on me. So rude!! I would say more, but Josh is yelling at me and I gotta go feed my baby! Talk to ya later!
It looks like your trip was awesome. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. It makes me want to go back! Weren't the zip lines fun! I love the bottom picture of you.
Amazing, amazing pictures Traci! I'm so glad you guys had a blast. Man the things you can do without kids...I almost forgot! lol. You guys are too cute!
OH BABY what a fun trip!!! All of your pictures are so awesome. You guys really know how to have fun, I'm jealous! Each day's new adventure was fun to read about; and no, you didn't write too much or add too many pictures--that's why we take pictures--to share them along with the memories!
Wow, What a fun trip and good way to get away from the cold. I am so jealous. I want to go on a trip like that with a bunch of friends, it sounds like so much fun.
That is awesome! How fun for you! I love all the pictures. You guys have so much fun!
i'm jealous. what a fun trip! i LOVE that last pic! so cute!
by the way, you looked so pretty in church today. just wanted to tell you! :)
1. I love the picture of Mom on the zipline...did you take that? Those zipline pics are gorgeous.
2. I have never heard of a spider web so strong that you could fish with it.
3. Tell your awesome parents, that if they need anymore travel buddies, we are really nice and fun...and willing and grateful. We would praise their names foreverL)
Your trip looked Amazing with a captitol 'A'.
Looks like you all had some serious fun!!! :) Love all the pics.
Wait you didn't go on a cruise :) Haha, I am such a dork! Costa Rica sounds incredible and is definitely on my list of places to go! I love all the pictures and you sure are looking tan!
Ooohh! I am sooo very jealous!! It looks like you had an AMAZING time!!!
I AM SO JEALOUS! It looks like you guys had so many memorable adventures. Thanks for all the fun pics! Oh yes, Chase & I attempted the master cleanse - lemonade diet and this is how it went: http://myfinestlife.blogspot.com/search?q=cleanse (all one ay of it!) LOL.
I was just WAITING for this post!!! I'm totally jealous! What a great trip!!! Next time, I'm in! :)
Like everyone else, i too am extremely jelouse! One of these days we need to do a fam vacation. Get bbsitters for all the little kiddos and go someplace amazing. OOo i found a penny, so there is .01 cent saved for that adventure :) lol
Yeah, yeah, you know I'm incredibly jealous! It looks like you guys had the time of your lives!
Hey Traci so jealous. Looks like so much fun. Anyways, we are planning on bunko on Wed. Dec 3. I know you said you had RS but maybe you could leave early or something I don't know but we really want you to play with us. It will be at 7 on the night at my sisters and we could just go together. Let me know!
I knew you would beat me to the blog. Thanks for letting us tag along. It was such a fun trip and dad mentioned that he thought it was one of our best trips. I loved all the activities we did. I can't believe I survived them all, ha, ha. I loved the house too. it was perfect. See you Saturday.
Sounds fun, I would have to say that I am rather jealous. By the way Mike, loving the farmers tan - at least you can get one, I don't tan enough to really have much tan lines
THAT LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! I'm a little bit jealous! Ok alot! I love all your swimwsuits! Cute cute. I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment