Yes, today is our 3 year anniversary. I can't believe it has already been 3 years!! I was always told that the 1st years of your marriage are always the hardest & so I am proud to say that I really don't think they have been that hard. I guess Mike has made it easy to be married to him :) Over the weekend I attended two Bridal Showers, one for Mike's sister Angie & another for his cousin Marty Jo. At each of those showers we did an advice book for them on marriage and the advice I gave was to never forget the reason you fell in love in the first place. That made me think of the reasons I fell in love with Mike and this is what I came up with:
- The way our bodies fit perfectly when we hug & snuggle
- The way he always held my hand & kissed me
- The way he would surprise me in the middle of the week with a quick visit (we lived 2 hours apart so we only saw each other on the weekends)
- That he was always a gentlemen & always open the door for me...All doors
- The way he treated his parents (he is soo good to his mother)
- That he bought me nice shoes, so I wouldn't buy any at Payless
- That he made me work for everything I got (he was a tease when it came to our first kiss & the I Love You's)
- That he got along so well with my family (he fit right in from the very start)
- The way I never had to question his feelings for me - he was always so genuine
- His deep cute Laugh
- His Smile
- The way he never intentionally made me cry
Now that we are married the list continues to grow so here a few more things I have grown to LOVE:
- He always says I Love You & snuggles with me before we go to sleep
- He gets his feelings hurt if I'm not sitting on the same couch as him when we watch TV
- That he rents me a "Chick Flick" whenever he rents something else that I won't want to watch
- He has to eat his ice cream in his "Ice Cream Cup"
- The way he makes me laugh
- The way he sings along w/ the radio when he takes a shower
- The way I can be completely silly and myself around him
- That he takes Mylo out every weekday morning
- He lets me watch my reality shows (there are lots)
- He massages my shoulders while I'm doing the dishes (I know he should be helping, but what can I say, I Love It!)
- He doesn't talk down about anyone
- He is a Realist while I am a Dreamer
- He always sits right next to me when we go out to eat
- He washes his own work clothes (they get very dirty)
- He WANTS me to be a Stay At Home Mom
- He thinks my nose is cute (I, myself, don't care for it)
- He never makes me feel bad about myself
- He is soo patient!! (our kids will definately Love him more)
- That he picked ME to be his Eternal Companion
For our anniversary we let grandma & grandpa Purser babysit Mylo (again, I apologize for his misbehaving) and Mike got us a room at the Anniversary Inn. Although all that he would tell me is that I needed to pack warm clothes because we were staying out in the Freezing Cold, come to find out our theme for our room was Arctic Adventure.
Sorry for the long post but thanks for enjoying this day with us :)

3 comments:
That is so freaking sweet! Wow, Mike is a good guy. I need Josh to read this post so he can learn a few things :) haha! Happy Anniversary I'm glad it looks like you two had a great time (and it wasn't cold camping hehe) Love you guys! (oh and your comment about how mike would buy you nice shoes so that you wouldn't buy payless shoes that made me laugh because Josh is kind of the same way, he won't let me buy payless shoes anymore either lol)
Happy Anniversary - sounds like you have a wonderful husband. The Anniversary Inn looks like tons of fun!
Happy Anniversary! i actually read this the other day but i was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to comment then! You need to have mike give scott some tips on the romance department, i love him but that is not one of his strong suits haha
Post a Comment