Thursday, April 10, 2008

A New Chapter in My Life...

Well, I guess it is time to fill you all in on the latest events in my life. Well my work had it's 4th string of layoffs last Wednesday and this time I was unable to dodge the bullet. So now I am unemployed for the first time in over 5 years. But I strongly believe in the saying, "When God closes a door he opens a window" (something like that) and I really think this is what is happening. I have been a little unhappy for a little bit now with my work due to all of the layoffs but I found it hard to leave because of my friends there and the bind I would have put my boss in and I have been praying for a little while now as to what I should do. Well, I was given an answer...Get a New Job!! Well, it wasn't exactly like that but at least I didn't have to make the decision myself, it was pretty much decided for me. I do have to admit that it has been kindof nice being home. I have been able to work on some projects around the house and just have some good quality "Traci Time", but don't worry I have definately been doing my share of job searching as well and I really believe that everything is going to be ok and it will work out for the better. Everything does happen for a reason :)

10 comments:

Tiff said...

I do believe everything happens for a reason, but that is still hard. I am sorry. I know you will find an even better job that you love!!! Any employer would be lucky to have you! Good luck with your search and enjoy your free time!

Nicole Stucki said...

That stinks Traci! I am sorry but you are so positive. Everything will work out it always does... hence us getting jobs in St. George for just a summer. It is fun to have Traci Time. Good luck and you should make a trip up here so we can play!

Becca said...

I am sorry you lost your job... The Lord must have something good up his sleeve :)

Nancy said...

What a bummer! I am sorry about your job, but think, you might get a job that will pay you more:)

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

Thats horrible...but like you said it really worked out for the best...Good luck finding a new job, but do take a little break for yourself...

Lowe Down said...

Im so sorry taci. that sucks, but now you have time to come soo me and Carson!!!! :)
Ihope everything thing is going well besides work! I haven't talked to you for a while! Chad is almost done with Tax season! Then his parents are coming to town this week!! I ve got a crazy week!!!!
Have a great week! Take this time to enjoy life!! Because after this, when you get a job and then have a baby... you will NEVER get this time alone again!!!! TRUST MEE!!! Love you!

~Cmac~ said...

Traci - I am so sorry about your job, but I'm really happy I found your blog! I can't believe you two live so close. Chase and I live in Lehi. We've got to hang out some time and I'm excited that we can be blogging buddies now. :)

Kris and Sarah said...

oh my heck! I'm so sorry, they are really stupid to let you go! I do agree with you though, you must have something way better coming up!:) Anyway,I need to get that Carmen Electra dvd!! ha ha I seriously want to try it!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's fun!

Josh and Amber said...

So your right I change my blog a lot and add stuff a lot, but that's ok. I'm too addicted with it and am never fully satisfied, but I changed it yet again today and I think I'm satisfied with my header and background now. I really like it actually so maybe this one will last longer. Anyway, what's up how are your days going? What's your update. Well maybe I'll call you!! luv ya!

JAGBHansen said...

That is horrible! JetBlue is hiring right now, so you can work and still be at home. You can get on full-time and have the benefits of travel...I love it and would highly recommend it, obviously! If you fill out an app, my crewmember #25211, it might help speed things along. Let me know!